Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The original drama to new years eve!

So now that my morning drama with my brother has settled a little. I am now dealing with my original drama to new years eve. We are going to a close friends house that live down the street for new years like we do every year.
Heres a little back story:
They are our friends that went on our wedding cruise with us and they're son was one of our best men. So our friend "K" the entire time before leaving on the cruise said that she would hang out with my mom and take her places with them and kind of take care of her during the cruise, so I wouldnt have to worry that she was by herself. She made a big production how she would take her everywhere and not have worry about anything. That she better not bother us cause K would take care of her. Well the cruise comes along and long story short my mother spent the entire cruise in her room cause K never called or touched base with her to do anything for 2 whole days on the island after the wedding. I did not find this out till we were getting back on the ship the last day when it was pulling out of port. I find out that she was in her room for the 2 days in tears that she felt like the odd man out that she didnt get to see the island or anything. She has difficulty walking and was unable to do this on her own.
So after returning from bermuda I sent an email to "K" asking her what happened cause I was a little upset that my mother sat in her room for 2 days and if she didnt want to help out (her own idea I never asked her) then she should have said something to one of us and it would have been fine. I recieved an email back a few days later that stated "I couldnt find her and knew this would come back to bite me in the ass." Um hello Im confused if you knew if would "come back to bite you in the ass" then wouldnt you make a little bit of an effort to find her. For god sakes my mother was sitting one table away from her "K's" husband the first day. So needless to say I couldnt answer that email and was too upset to talk about it in person with her or on the phone. So that brings us to tonight we usually go there every New Years eve and mike doesnt know this is still going on. So we are still going there tonight and its the first time I am going to talk to her in person since the cruise. So im am little worried how this is going to go. Do I deal with it tonight if she brings it up and have an argument? Do I just say not the time or place? Do I just let it go and pretend nothing happened?? I dont know...Im a little torn about this whole thing so that is my original stree to this day. Im sure I am being a big baby about this but I was devistated that the first time my mother has been on vacation and let alone out of the country in over 30 yrs and she saw nothing. It was probably also be her last vacation as well. So it broke my heart to know she never got to see any of the sites and enjoy her vacation too. I know its all about that she saw me get married and what not but it still hurt me that my friend did this to me and her. If it wasnt for the fact that she swore up and down and made a big production about taking care of her I would have let it go I get that its her vacation too. But to just leave her high and dry breaks my heart.
So this is my drama that begins my new year. It better end tonight cause Im not having a bad 2009! Its gonna be another good year!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Personally, i'd tell her tonight isn't the night to discuss things. But, if this is still bothering you, make it a point to talk to her about it. You don't necessarily have to argue, just try and resolve the matter. You'll never feel right if you don't at least try to fix things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy for the advice! It kind of went better then expected but still weird. She actually didnt mention it at all and was like it never happened. Which relieved me that I didnt have to deal with it. I have to figure out if I want to just let it go or not.

    ReplyDelete