Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Family Ughhhh!!!

So here I was yesterday thinking of all my plans to do today. Do some last min food shopping for when mike and I are home doing absolutely nothing on New years day. Had the whole day planned out. Then at the bright and early hour of 430 am my house phone starts ringing. By the time I got concious and realized it was ringing and get my ass up to see who it is. It stops ringing. Next thing I know my cell phone goes off and it comes up my brother. I answer it all groggy and I hear an odd voice on the other end. This is State trooper Johnson......My heart sunk into my feet knowing something was wrong with my brother. After getting over the initial shock I heard him say we picked you brother up for a DWI. I have never went from such a panic to anger so fast in my life. I listened again as the trooper proceed to tell me that I needed to come get him all the way up in bloomfield, which from my house is 1hr 1/2. Ugh. I was just so irratated and relieved in the same sentence it was nerve wracking. It was the longest ride ever up there. I didnt know wether to be glad that he was safe or beat him senseles cause mike just had this conversation with him last week. "dont do it its not worth it. If your going to drink dont be stupid, Just pull over and put the keys under the car" the whole 9. So when I picked his drunkard ass out of the tank (thank god no bail) Found out that we cannot get his car for a min of 12 hrs from the incident, which they round up to 5 oclock. I also have to drag his sorry self all the way back to blooomfield to go get a release form for the car and then back south 20 min to carteret to go pick up his car If there is someone still there. Yeah of all days it has to be news years eve and they go home at 3. Luckily I called the woman at the towing co. and she said call and see if someone is there maybe theyll release it. So if not it has to stay there till friday cause eventhough they are open on NY day they dont release impound cars. So then he has to pay the storage charge of $50 which at this point in time is the cheapest of his penalties! Lets just hope that this wakes him up. At age 30 he should have been smarter then that after everyone has told him he has been tempting fate. I hope once he sleeps this off he will realize how much of a heap of doo doo he stepped in last night.
SO this is how I have spent my New years eve morning and how the rest of the day goes. Lets hope that the snow and weather hold off till we get his car. So im off to make more phone calls to see if I can pick up his car any earlier but dont think so. Will let you know how my new soap opera turns out!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this is how your day began.
    Ohhhh do I have NO tolerance for drinking and driving...this would have made me furious, and I personally would have said NOPE, and click! Grrr!!

    Hope you day gets better, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks its been a fun day. Thankfully the towing co closed early and we couldnt go get his car. I really didnt want to drive all the way up there in the snow.
    I wish I could of but I was the only one who could get him. My mother would have had a heart attack on the spot. Im not to thrilled with it either cause we have warned him many times but I think he needed this to make him finally grow up and wake up. Im am just very thankful that he didnt get in an accident or worse kill someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I think I'd have killed him Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im suprised I havent yet. I realize that he has a whole world of punishment awaiting him so that is enough for me. Plus he has realized how bad he messed up so thats ok for me now.

    ReplyDelete