Saturday, December 20, 2008

First entry

Welcome to my world. My name is Kristen. I am 32 yr old nanny and I am brand new newlywed. My DH and I were married on October 15, 2008 on the beach in the most beautiful country of Bermuda. It was the most amazing day of our lives and will cherish those memories forever!!
Little background. DH and I have been together dating for 13 years in January. It was a long road not knowing if I would get married but I'm not a nagging person so I never pushed it. I was quite happy living in our world. Finally in July of 2007 he decided it was time to make me an honest woman (no idea what it means but it sounds funny) He proposed to me during our annual Cape cod trip for my birthday. I was completely floored and was so impressed that he picked out the perfect ring for me and I never told him what I wanted. So long story short, bringing it around to the first paragraph. We planned a destination wedding in Bermuda. It was a first vacation we took together as a couple and have fallen in love with the country in the many times we have been there.
So what have we been doing for 13 years. We bought our first home in '99 and we have been restoring it ever since. We are doing all the work ourselves. Luckily DH is very handy. We pretty much have completely gutted the entire house and our starting from scratch. We still have not finished the kitchen , since that is the most expensive part to do. We have a mini temp. kitchen set up upstairs and works pretty well. So hoping this year will begin the massive finishing of the house. I ain't getting any younger and would love to have babies ASAP but construction look is not what I was going for in a nursery so I think Ill wait a little bit. Like I said I am a nanny and watch 11 diff children during a week (not all together) but I do it full time and Love it. My kids range from 3 yrs old to 11 yrs old. I have been with these families starting 10 years ago and they are all related. Mostly cousins. So that keeps me busy full time and keeps my mind off having babies for a little bit too.
So that pretty much is my (our) life in a tiny nut shell. I hope you didn't fade off anywhere in there and are still here. Cookies to all!! My plan for this blog is to tell my stories of my days. Funny, sad, happy, mad, whatever I need to share. I'm gonna vent it here!! enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the blog world, I didnt know you started blogging!! whoot whooot! I added you to my blog reading list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just figured out this whole blog thing. and how to share with others. Just added you too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reading!

    Do you have any pictures of the cruise ship; I'm leaving in less than 3 weeks for the NCL Jewel!

    ReplyDelete