Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas blur

So Christmas has come and gone and holy mackerel it went fast. I guess since I waited to the last minute to do a lot of my shopping, I didn't have anytime to just sit back and enjoy any of it. We did have a very good Christmas. Mike is such a good gift giver (thank goodness, LOL)I am not allowed to give him a list otherwise I do not get it!! So I got the Wii I wanted!!! I also got 2 pairs of croc boots (I am a croc addict) Then I also got a new wireless printer for my laptop so I can finally print off here!!!! It really was worth the 4 weeks wait of having them out in front of me torturing me!
Well I guess I should back track a little. I went to Christmas eve at my mothers house. (yes you read correctly I, mike is not a fan of my mothers so he chooses not to go there. Whatever, it is what it is) So any who I went over there for some food and my presents. I got my digital photo frame I had been asking for for our wedding photos and a cool lap desk for my laptop in bed. Then we hit midnight church service at our church, in which my mother sings in the choir. We have been doing this since we were little so my brother and I suck it up and do it for my mother. Then after that we headed back tp her house to have some desert and to give my mother her Christmas gifts, which was our photo book I had made for our Wedding and a portrait of my brother, my mother and me at my wedding and also a portrait of mike and I. Of course she had to pull some drama and make a production that why did I have to enlarge the one with her cause in her words" why would you put the fat cow in the photo!" So it turned into a mini battle cause I was a little sensitive cause I was so excited about giving her them and thought she was be super touched and love them and instead I got flack. So that was the end of that night. I crawled into bed around 2 am and then was awakened by the sound of the town fire signal at 7:30am. ( I think it had to be some evil person in the fire dept setting it off to wake all children in the town up early) Sure woke me up like a little kid. Then mike and I had our nice quiet morning opening presents together and then he make our traditional big breakfast full of hash browns, eggs, bacon, toast, you name it we had it. Then since we were full with breakfast and presents we took our Christmas nap, LOL.
Then it was off to the in laws up the street for dinner with them and presents. Did pretty good got a GPS, some tools for the house, a bottle of wine and some sheets and blankets( I think she was trying to give a hint to get making with the grandbabies). Then we gave them there photo book and they absolutely loved it of course tears were flowing. The reaction I was looking for. We even got some emotion out of his father who is Mr no-emotion. He even called mike the next day and was all sentimental about it and how much he loved it and how nice it was. So score one for the good daughter in law, LOL.
So its been two days of playing Wii and cleaning up my disaster of a house.At least trying :) Well I must goo look like Im being productive before mike comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment