Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Could I start this year over?

Yesterday may quite frankly be the second worst day of my life. First being the day my father died. Yesterday We (my brother and I) were told that my mother has breast cancer in both breasts. Wow that was the first time saying that out loud. Im still a little stunned and shocked but I needed to get it out of my system. Were not sure what is going to happen and what stage and all that, its still new and we havent heard from her doctors yet.
She had had a lump under her arm since around september and kept it quiet cause she did not want to upset or disturb my wedding. Then it was the holidays and didnt want to ruin them (christmas is her favorite) Then came the first of the year and we had to deal with my brothers issues. So finally she faced it and we took her for a mamogram and a sonogram yesterday afternoon. It seemed to take forever we were there for over 3 and a half hours. After they tortured her with the mamogram. They found that she had a massive lump in one breast and it had spread to the other. The radioligist was super concerned about it and wanted to get her in ASAP for Biopsy. So now is a waiting game to see what game plan we are up against.
I think that was the most difficult ride home from anywhere. All my mother could do is sob and ask why her, how is she going to pay the rent, how is she going to work, They are going to kick her out if she cant pay the bills, how she doesnt want to leave us and she will never see grandchildren. It was SO sad cause she doesnt deserve this. She has had nothing but sorrow and hard times since my father past away 10 years ago. She has had to work 2 jobs just to get by with rent and bills. She is 66 years old and should not have to be going through this at this time in her life. I feel so hopeless not knowing what to say or what to do for her. Her best friend died of breast cancer at the age of 55 and she saw what pain and torture she went through and she is afraid that will happen to her. Im just at a loss right now and hope things wil get better and I learn how to handle this.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this. I wish all the best to you and your mother. She is in my prayers for a painless and swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this I can't even imagine. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so sorry. my father died a year and a half ago and its so hard on my mom. she works too hard too. i couldnt imagine what would happen if i found out something like this. let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete